1. What is the difference between a psychological associate and a psychologist?

    Psychologists and psychological associates share the same scope of practice in Ontario. They are both able to assess, diagnose, and treat psychological disorders. The main difference is that a psychologist has completed both Masters and PhD degrees, and a psychological associate has competed a Masters degree and four years of clinical experience. They have both completed the same final year of supervised practice and passed the three entrance examinations required by the College of Psychologists of Ontario.

  2. How do I start the process for starting counselling/psychotherapy?

    You can self-refer by simply sending me an email or giving me a call and I can walk you through next steps.

  3. Do you do direct billing for extended health benefits plans?

    You would pay for your session with me directly and then submit your receipts for reimbursement under "psychological services" under your benefit plan.

  4. Are you a First Nations Inuit Health/Non-Insured Health Benefits registered provider?

    Yes I am a registered provider with Health Canada's Non Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) and Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program. Please call or email me for more details.

  5. Do I need to live in Thunder Bay to have a session?

    As long as you reside in Ontario, I offer Skype or telephone sessions for those who cannot attend in-person sessions.

  6. What is your cancellation policy?

    I request 24 hours notice if you need to change or cancel your appointment. Late cancellations/no shows are subject to a $75 fee.

  7. Can I access your online psychotherapy services or groups if I reside outside of Ontario?

    I am registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, and as such, I can only offer groups or individual psychotherapy services to individuals residing within Ontario.