Happy New Year!
I am pleased to announce that I will be offering two 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion groups in Thunder Bay over the winter months.
We all know how to be kind to others when they suffer or struggle, but there are many blocks we have toward extending the same kindness to our own suffering.
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is a scientifically supported, training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer.
This group involves guided meditations, exercises, education, and discussion of relevant material that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding.
This group will help you to be able to:
· Practice self-compassion in daily life
· Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
· Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
· Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
· Transform challenging relationships, old and new
· Manage caregiver fatigue and burnout
· Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
MONDAY EVENING MSC GROUP:
Facilitators: Monique Mercier & Jennifer Lailey
Dates: Jan 20th – Mar 16th (no session Feb 17)
Time: 6:00-8:30 pm
Place: 1119 Victoria Ave East (Main floor of Community Midwives Building)
WEDNESDAY MORNING MSC GROUP:
Facilitator: Monique Mercier
Dates: Jan 22nd – Mar 11th
Time: 9:30am-12:00 pm
Place: 129 Algoma St. South (Lakehead Unitarian Fellowship)
Call to inquire with your extended health benefits/insurance provider about possible partial or full cost re-imbursement under ‘psychological services’.
You can also read more about MSC here:
• The Centre for Mindful Self Compassion website: https://centerformsc.org/
• Dr. Neff’s website: http://selfcompassion.org/
• Dr. Germer’s website: https://chrisgermer.com/
If you have any questions or would like more details, please email me at email@example.com.
Call or email me for registration or more information.